Sunday, August 07, 2011

Celebration of Light 2011 - Canada

There was little wind last night but unfortunately it was not strong enough. So the smoke spoiled the presentation occasionally.

For the previous two days experience, because of my location and the barge had been moved closer to the shore, the 18mm focal length on DX (27mm on FX) can not covered the huge firework high up in the sky. I need a 16mm lens (24mm on FX) and my only wide angle zoom lens that can covers this range is the Sigma 15-30mm f3.5-4.5D EX DG. I left the lens hood cap on because it's safe to use on DX camera. For those who owns this lens, beware of the manual infinity setting. The focus ring can be turned beyond the infinity indication. If you just turned all the way and thinking you got the infinity focus point, you will be fooled by this lens design. Luckily, I took several shots at different points around the infinity scale. The setting beyond the infinity is totally out of focus and the best setting I got is what I expected; slightly below infinity.

There were no many new fireworks from Canada team, but they did some great configurations. However, I personally don't like the party music that they chose for this presentation. So, right after this fireworks, I predicted China should win this year competition and it did.

All photos taken by Nikon D300, Sigma 15-30mm f3.5-4.5D EX DG at 15mm focal length, f11, 1 EV under ISO 200 (equivalent to ISO 100).





































Photo Of The Night

No comments:

Post a Comment